I am … slowly … learning a little restraint when it comes to steeping the really fine stuff. While I don’t have anything sophisticated in the way of heating equipment, at least I’m learning to hold my peace and occasionally stick a thermometer in the water to keep from scorching things.

This one, when I cool the water temp off boiling, is phenomenally good, sweet, and caramelly. Mom used to make us “skillet toast” with bread, butter, and sugar. This is a slightly lighter equivalent.

gmathis

I don’t usually put milk in Darjeelings, but I made a second steep and drizzled in a spoonful of half-and-half. Nice pick-me-up to the flavor. Oh, and I subliminally hinted myself into making said skillet toast for dinner. Highly recommended comfort food.

laurenpressley

Your review has made me add this to my shopping list! Also, I’ve never heard of skillet toast, but now I’m looking into it!

Comments

gmathis

laurenpressley