In deep need of a little pick-me-up (further adventures in elder care), I hit Fox Farm for a little treat. This caught my eye because it said “strawberry,” because it was cheap (50 bags for $3.99) and because it was in a happy little red-and-white box that said “cheer up, droopy drawers!”

This steeps up really strong. Can’t read a lick of the Taiwanese ingredient list, so I don’t know what base they’re using, but it’s dark ebony brown with a pretty accurate strawberry taste. Not as elegant and ethereal as the strawberry-ish twist in Marco Polo, but it tastes like fruit and not like ICEE syrup.

A couple of sips straight up were fine, but on a whim, I splashed in some half-and-half, and I have me a fine cup of berries and cream. Also have some bags cold brewing in the fridge even as we speak. I think this is going to be a great summer tea.

(WIll keep working at finding a picture to post—I did finally land on the company website, but can’t get the English version to work for me.)

ashmanra

Who in their right mind could resist a tea that had the words “droopy drawers” on the box? :)

gmathis

(It didn’t … it just spoke to me. Bazinga! :) Can I come to your beach vacation? I will be very very very quiet, just me and a stack of books.

ashmanra

Come on, G! It is beautiful!

Comments

ashmanra

gmathis

ashmanra

Come on, G! It is beautiful!

Southwest Missouri