I’m going to have to do some pondering on this one. When I first snipped open the pouch, I could have sworn I smelled something sour, almost like vinegar. That set off an automatic uh-oh, but the scent dissipated pretty quickly.

I forged ahead and steeped it 4 minutes, water a little under boiling as prescribed. Net result is clearly decaffeinated (aka no punch whatsoever) black tea that hints at being somewhat berry-like.

Could be that a little sweetener will coax the blackberry out of hiding, but it’s been a long week, I’m in my cozy glider with my feet up, and I’m just too lazy to get up. Maybe next time.

Southwest Missouri