It’s been a week … after several wearying days in a row, I am feeling decidedly undynamic, so let’s see if this helps.

Darjeelings aren’t generally my morning go-to teas; they’re not quite heavy enough for wake-up duty. This one is medium, both in flavor and in “kick.” It’s a juicy thirst-quenching tea, nice fruity background. I’m seeing muscatel and apple in other notes, it reminded me a little of citrus pith. I just need to adjust the time of day I imbibe :)

You’ll like this if you love darjeelings. It’s good quality stuff.

Ed Fladung

Being a dyed in the wool Darjeeling fan, I would crank up the temperature, they recommend 185, I would give it 190-193 and definitely steep 5 minutes. I think with the lower temperatures they loose their backbone. Too high the bitterness comes out. They need time though to really open up.

gmathis

Yes, I think this one is tough enough to take a little harsher treatment. (Which is fine with me…I don’t like to have to pamper my tea.)

Indigobloom

must be national bad week… I’ve had one of those to! here’s to better days :)

Comments

Ed Fladung

gmathis

Indigobloom

must be national bad week… I’ve had one of those to! here’s to better days :)

Southwest Missouri