drank Chance Combinations by Custom

Yesterday’s Paris Morning leaves freshened up with a spoonful of (rather aged) Adagio Caramel. Not exactly stellar, but a good way to stretch my supply of both. Reminds me of this litte tidbit from my Laura Ingalls Wilder reading days:

Use it up
Wear it out
Make it do
Or do without.

Yours Royally,
The Dutchess of Make It Do

Yogini Undefined

I have a silly question – how do you store your leaves from the previous day? Do you just leave them in the container that you brewed them in and start brewing again the following morning? I usually just pitch mine out in the morning and start again. I guess I fear that maybe during the night they might have gone “off” from sitting out all night and from being wet.

gmathis

There’s a whole discussion thread on the best way to do this, which is probably not how I do it. I use a brew basket, drain it as thoroughly as I can, and leave it in open air (usually propped in an empty cup). Overnight is my longest comfort zone level; haven’t had issues with icky moldies.

Bonnie

Can depend on where you live. I’ve read that mold develops in as little as 3 hours. Where I live is VERY DRY. If you spread leaves on paper it will dry them. Mine dry in 20 minutes. Then I can cover them and use the next day. My favorite method now is to use them as my cold brew leaves. Shove those wet leaves into my containers in the frig with water and the next day all is good. (this method is only if the leaves are still pretty potent)

Uniquity

I live in Nova Scotia (damp and humid!) but leave mine out overnight quite frequently. I’ve left them two days before, but I prefer to use them in one. I have seen leaves go moldy, but it actually took almost a week before they had a smell an visible mold. (I didn’t know that the beau left leaves in an opaque pot!)

Comments

Yogini Undefined

gmathis