Kind of a Twilight Zone tea day … without looking, I grabbed an open packet of one of my Upton samples. Not sure which one. Did a sloppy, untimed 5 minute-ish steep, and it was phenomenally good, cocoa-y, but completely unlike either of the two samples I know are open and in my kitchen. One of them evidently has a pleasantly Jekyll-and-Hyde personality, but I couldn’t tell you which if my life depended on it.

Surely this has never happened to you.

At least this one I can identify by box and bag. Most of my descriptions of this one have leaned to “wheaty” and “toasty,” but today I’m adding “raisiny.”

Funny what the addition or omission of a degree or two or a leaf or two can do, huh?

Confusedly yours,
Me

CupofTree

maybe someone else opened the sample bag before you? :0

teabird

Not knowing which tea I’m drinking? No. Stumbling upon a new and delicious expression of a tea by paying no attention to the steeping parameters?… all the time :P

Comments

CupofTree

maybe someone else opened the sample bag before you? :0