drank Ceylon by Whittard of Chelsea

I regret to report that this is sweepings and dust … at least the half tin I spilled on the floor. Too many precariously stacked tins and packages.

However, the portion that I did have is quite good. I’ve mentioned elsewhere that Ceylon often gets a bad rap because that’s the name that gets slapped on mediocre and less-than-mediocre grocery store teas. This one is the slightly more elegant cousin of a meaty builders’ tea like PG Tips.

Even looks like PG Tips in the tin, but steeped up a rich, deep burgundy this morning. Lighter and a tetch fruitier (I used coppery in a previous review) than a PG type. Good on its own, but milk accentuates it nicely.

cteresa

Coppery, metally is indeed one word I associate with ceylon teas – and in a good way! I have a fondness for ceylons, if good, though admittedly they can be so very very awful. some of the worst teas ever are made with ceylon tea :(

Serenity

I love the term builders’ tea and never hear it used! : )

ashmanra

That s the term that got Dame Judy Dench her job in “The Best Exotic Marigold Hotel”! You really don’t hear it often in the states and I am sure most people don’t know what it is!

gmathis

Best Exotic is on my “to watch” list; hopefully soon.

Comments

cteresa

Serenity

I love the term builders’ tea and never hear it used! : )

ashmanra

gmathis

Best Exotic is on my “to watch” list; hopefully soon.

Southwest Missouri