Weather forecast missed it by a mile: “party sunny” turned out to be bone-chilling fog giving way to cold spritz. Was rummaging around this evening in the decaf basket, trying to find something heavy and strong enough to chase off the blugggh and found a few remaining packets of this stuff.

No, it won’t fool a coffee drinker. But the roasted chicory is sweet and savory at the same time; it’s pleasant and filling with milk. I think I’ve mentioned before that if you like(d) Celestial Seasonings Roastaroma (is that still around?) or Morning Thunder, this is a similar but slightly beefier brew.

ashmanra

Foggy here this morning as we drove to Durham. I think it rained last night and that certainly wasn’t in the forecast. But it did warm up into the 70’s as promised so I’m not complaining!

TeaBrat

Have you ever had Postum? I wonder if this is similar…

gmathis

No, haven’t had the pleasure of Postum…just looked at ingredients online; no molasses in the Ersatz, but I’d think the roasted grain would make it similar. I like this.

Comments

ashmanra

TeaBrat

Have you ever had Postum? I wonder if this is similar…

gmathis