drank Assam White by Canton Tea Co

I’m way too chintzy with my leaves and never willingly put enough in the cup when I’m steeping a white tea. (Then pule and whinge about how weak it tastes.) Full moon? Christmas liberality? Whatever it was, I actually spooned in a full two teaspoonsful as recommended…

…and it tastes the way it’s supposed to taste! This is a sweet, smooth, honey-colored white tea that takes heat and a long steep quite well. First taste sensation that registered was the yummy unsweet burnt-toasted-marshmallow-crust you get over a campfire. As it cools, there’s more of a honey-caramel vibe. Handmade caramels.

And, so the label tells me, there are several good steeps ahead.

Lesson learned. If they say two, they mean two.

K S

Following directions… what a novel idea. Maybe I’ll try it sometime.

I find white tea to be one of those that are hard to measure. Usually I measure what I think is right then add more.

gmathis

Oh, wow…second steep report. Even caramellier.

Terri HarpLady

That sounds tasty!

Rebecca Lynn

I’ve never heard the word chintzy used as stingy, haha.

Comments

K S

Following directions… what a novel idea. Maybe I’ll try it sometime.

gmathis

Oh, wow…second steep report. Even caramellier.

Terri HarpLady

That sounds tasty!

Rebecca Lynn

I’ve never heard the word chintzy used as stingy, haha.

Southwest Missouri