My first dragon pearls! Savoy is fast becoming one of my favorite walk-in-the-door tea sources. For a cheapskate like me, they’re a leetle pricey, but no shipping/handling and no waiting. (That’s the walk-out-the door advantage.)

Dropped two of these little gems, about the size of your pinky finger tip, into a big clear mug, added the recommended 8 oz. water, and … at first, not much. Was a little worried about impending tea fail, even after four minutes, because the water seemed awfully pale for a Yunnan.

Not to worry. I ran it through a little tea strainer into a smaller, opaque cup, which showed a little more color—bronze. Flavor was pleasantly surprising. A little savory and brothy and yep! cocoa as advertised.

Off to try a second steep. (Do dragon balls bounce back? ;)

Vortegne

For some reason, I’ve really like all the dragon pearls I’ve tried so far, gotta add these ones to my wishlist too!

gmathis

If you have to start getting your tax paperwork in order, the way to do it is take the day off so you aren’t starting tired in the evening, wear your favorite schleppy clothes, then celebrate getting the piles piled by going out for Thai curry for lunch. Makes the ick a little more bearable.

…and then come home for a nice cuppa. This is my second experiment with these cute little dudes; used 4 to a big, 12-oz Starbucks mug.

And this is the second time I felt sure I had goofed; after a 5 minute steep, it was still awfully light in color. But not to worry, this is just a delicate black tea with a light toast-and-cocoa personality; not a brawny black in hobnail boots to kick your fanny into productivity.

I don’t believe I have a delicate bone in my body. That may be the problem.

Shmiracles

gmathis rulez!

(also i added this tea to my shopping cart)

Comments

Vortegne

gmathis

I don’t believe I have a delicate bone in my body. That may be the problem.

Shmiracles

gmathis rulez!

(also i added this tea to my shopping cart)

Southwest Missouri