It’s unanimous, based on other reviews, that Scottish breakfast tea should be strong enough to kick the wind out o’yer wee bagpipes, but this isn’t.

So I doubled up the bags this morning and (inadvertently) oversteeped by a minute or so. NOW we’re talking. Sharp. Stout.

Serenity

Is it a little smokey tasting?

gmathis

Not to me. A single bag is just a nice “brown” tasting breakfast tea, if that makes sense. Doubling up made it a little more acidic/astringent.

Terri HarpLady

I often double bagged teas, regardless of the company or flavor, as I feel they are usually stingy with their portions. Having said that, I also often double the amount of loose tea…
Not all of the cups I have are 8oz, which is (in theory) what a portion is suppose to be. Most of them are 12oz, & I tend to like my teas on the strong side. :)

Comments

Serenity

Is it a little smokey tasting?

gmathis