You experts would snicker at the clumsy and inelegant way I handle this tuocha; impatient with all the shaving and chipping it takes, today I just broke the confounded thing into manageable clumps and put them in my trusty Mason jar.

But the nice thing about this is it takes “clumsy and inelegant” without batting an elephant eyelash. Prime steeping time appears to be right at the 2 minute mark; results in a lovely, almost syrupy, medium-dark cuppa sweetness.

JC

Make sure you don’t put a lid on the Mason Jar!(If it is for storage). Put a cloth with a rubber band on it, so it can breathe and ‘age’. Unless you are planning to drink it all in less than a year :P

gmathis

Gotcha. Appreciate the tip; tuochas are Advanced Level and I’m stalled out at Intermediate.

JC

Hey, it’s all about learning! No matter how much you learn, there’s always something you still need to learn.

Comments

JC

gmathis