Phooey. Lost a whole rambly note on this one.

In short, it’s so light in color, even after 4-5 minutes, you wonder if there’s been mal-steep-function.

Conclusion: this is just supposed to be delicate. I don’t think I have a delicate or refined bone in my body; which may be why it puzzles me. (I expect black teas to wear ten-pound Doc Martens.)

Nicole

LOL – I expect the same from my blacks. :)

Claire

I like black teas that kick me with the Doc Martens.

Michelle Butler Hallett

@ Claire: hahahaha! A good Assam, then?

Claire

A good Assam, any Irish or Scottish breakfast that deserves the name. ;)

gmathis

So far, I haven’t met a Scottish breakfast tea that was strong enough to suit me. Which is a surprise..you’d expect it to be the stoutest of the English/Irish/Scottish clan.

Claire

I’ve heard Harney’s Scottish Morn is strong enough to wake the dead…I need to try it one of these days!

Me, too.

I’ve got a packet of Unilever’s Scottish Blend (sent from a friend in Scotland), and, while I quite like it, it was milder than I was expecting. I’ve tasted some really good English Breakfast blends — my favourites seem to have Keemun in them — but the Irish blends seem to smack me the hardest. They’re often heavy on the Assam. The Unilever Scottish Blend seemed to be mostly Kenyan, to me.

Nicole

H&S Scottish was pretty strong, I thought. Though IIRC, it is rotovaned so easy so steep super strong in minimal time.

Comments

Nicole

LOL – I expect the same from my blacks. :)

Claire

I like black teas that kick me with the Doc Martens.

Michelle Butler Hallett

@ Claire: hahahaha! A good Assam, then?

Claire

A good Assam, any Irish or Scottish breakfast that deserves the name. ;)

gmathis