Dear Gussie, what a week. I feel like something the cat dragged in. However, Lord willing, I have a lovely unscheduled weekend of “not much” ahead of me.

So in keeping with the no-thought, just-rest-and-be-comfy theme, this was perfect with my break and bake sugar cookies for dessert. The hibiscus gives it the tang of fresh blueberries without the typical nasty h-tartness.

Hubby and I were reminiscing about college days … remember when Red Zinger and Lemon Zinger were about all there was in the Celestial Seasonings lineup? (And back then, I drank them with no qualms about the hibiscus overkill.)

JacquelineM

I think it’s why I like hibiscus perfectly fine! When I was first on steepster and everyone was complaining about hating hibiscus in my mind I was saying “But it tastes like COLLEGE!” :)

gmathis

The reason I care for it much, much less these days is that it masks the other good stuff.

Michelle Butler Hallett

What a flashback. I drank SO MUCH Celestial Seasonings (and Stash) in university! Yes, hibiscus, which I no longer care for, totally tastes like libraries and quads and term papers and cement stairwells. Thanks for that.

Comments

JacquelineM

gmathis