Shovels are unthawed, but the driveway isn’t. Can’t budge the sleet that thawed slightly, then refroze into a jagged, lumpy, sleet sheet. So I’m sitting in a sunbeam, drinking a mid-morning cuppa (two bags to the cup on this one to get the desired sharpness) and letting the sun soften things outside a bit, hopefully.

Ellyn

We call those sun puddles. When the rays come inside the cat, dog and I rush to sit in the perfect sunny spot!

gmathis

Sun puddles. I like that!

K S

We only got a little ice that turned to sleet. The roads are pretty good shape. So we dodge this one.

I do wish we had some sun puddles to fight the cats over. Nothing but gray here.

Indigobloom

Get out the ice pick lol

Nicole/Tea-Historic

We are waiting for someone to come plow the driveway. Yay for Craigslist! I don’t have any interest in shoveling a double driveway with 18-24 inch drifts on it. :)

Hubby says the highways are okay-ish and we have been having sun off and on today but I figured it would still take me twice as long to get to work so since I don’t have to, I’m home. With tea and my mother who couldn’t make it home from work on Thursday. :)

gmathis

Took till noon for the grooves to thaw enough we could get the truck out (unfortunately, no 4WD’s at this house). Main streets safe and dry; intersections to side streets are horrible-slippy-slushy. Not regretting the decision to burn a vacation day…I’m now a bit ahead on a writing project. Serendipity.

Comments

Ellyn

gmathis

Sun puddles. I like that!

K S