Shovels are unthawed, but the driveway isn’t. Can’t budge the sleet that thawed slightly, then refroze into a jagged, lumpy, sleet sheet. So I’m sitting in a sunbeam, drinking a mid-morning cuppa (two bags to the cup on this one to get the desired sharpness) and letting the sun soften things outside a bit, hopefully.

Ellyn

We call those sun puddles. When the rays come inside the cat, dog and I rush to sit in the perfect sunny spot!

gmathis

Sun puddles. I like that!

K S

We only got a little ice that turned to sleet. The roads are pretty good shape. So we dodge this one.

I do wish we had some sun puddles to fight the cats over. Nothing but gray here.

Indigobloom

Get out the ice pick lol

Nicole

We are waiting for someone to come plow the driveway. Yay for Craigslist! I don’t have any interest in shoveling a double driveway with 18-24 inch drifts on it. :)

Hubby says the highways are okay-ish and we have been having sun off and on today but I figured it would still take me twice as long to get to work so since I don’t have to, I’m home. With tea and my mother who couldn’t make it home from work on Thursday. :)

gmathis

Took till noon for the grooves to thaw enough we could get the truck out (unfortunately, no 4WD’s at this house). Main streets safe and dry; intersections to side streets are horrible-slippy-slushy. Not regretting the decision to burn a vacation day…I’m now a bit ahead on a writing project. Serendipity.

Comments

Ellyn

gmathis

Sun puddles. I like that!

K S