Updated to the correct supplier; it’s a bulk buy from my local bulky herb place. Cheap; $1.79 for 2 ounces.

Have been wanting to give this a try since I heard about it on Dr. Oz as a good appetite suppression/diet companion tea. (I don’t take Dr. Oz as a final authority; that’s just where it came to my attention.) However, it does sound like I’m drinking a cup of vitamins: Fresh chickweed contains high amounts of vitamin C, as well as vitamins A, D and B. Iron, calcium and potassium can also be found in chickweed.

So, there you go. From a health standpoint, it sure can’t hurt. From an enjoyment standpoint, it may take a little massaging. Straight up, it tastes like green wood soup with a little dandelion thrown in. Savory, not sweet. I’m thinking something fruity or flowery (apple? tulsi? lemongrass? lavender?) might tone down the barkiness.

Indigobloom

Neat! what is green wood?

gmathis

It’s what my imagination says it would taste like if you run out to the nearest tree, snap off a twig that isn’t dead yet, peel off the bark and lick it. (Not that I would ever try that ;)

Indigobloom

LOL I wouldn’t do that either, but I can certainly imagine what you mean!

ashmanra

I have spent many hours in my hands and knees pulling chickweed. I should have been making tea…

gmathis

When I was surfing to get a feel for the health benefits, I read something about it being used in salads…

Ellyn

I love your description!! I can totally taste it!

Comments

Indigobloom

Neat! what is green wood?

Indigobloom

LOL I wouldn’t do that either, but I can certainly imagine what you mean!

ashmanra

Ellyn

I love your description!! I can totally taste it!

Southwest Missouri