drank Ginger Snappish by Bigelow

Last thing I need is more caffeine to make me more cranky and jittery than I already am, but it’s COLD. SNOW IN MAY IN SOUTH MISSOURI. And the blower motor on the central heat/AC chose last night to quit working.

So this works. Heavier on the ginger than the lemon. I still don’t think it tastes much like a cookie, but it’s still a favorite. Too bad it’s just a seasonal.

K S

Sounds like us a month ago. Feeling your pain. Normally, I anticipate your weather moving this way. This time, uhmmm, you can keep it – after the heat is back on of course.

Terri HarpLady

You guys got snow? In St Louis it’s just a gloomy drizzly day, which admittedly, I’m rather enjoying. Sitting here with a bowl of soup I made from the tops of last year’s collards, which are trying to go to seed.
Bummer about the heater…got a woodstove to snuggle up to?

gmathis

Not much, an inch or so that melted by mid-morning, but everything is damp and bone-deep chilly. With a little coddling, we may be able to baby heat along until (expensive, sigh) replacement part arrives next week.

Terri HarpLady

You can always spend the afternoon/evening baking, & then leave the oven door open when you’re done to let the heat spread. :)

gmathis

Big kettle of soup…Panera asiago cheese bread warmed in the oven…yep! This is survivable—we did a week without heat or electricity and 0 degree temps after the Great December Ice Storm of (five years ago? six?) That was no fun!

lijitmoose

FYI, this is a decaf tea. It even says so on the box. I hope you didn’t psych yourself into staying up because you thought it was caffeinated. Sounds like something I would do.

gmathis

Yes, it’s one of my favorite bagged decafs. I remember the day I wrote that note; I was freezing and had so much black tea I was bouncing off the walls like a pinball. May have to break some out for tomorrow. April snow predicted.

Comments

K S

Terri HarpLady

Bummer about the heater…got a woodstove to snuggle up to?

lijitmoose