drank Chance Combinations by Custom

A few years back, we bought a peppermint plant at a local farmer’s market. At any rate, it was sold to us as peppermint. It was the only living thing we were able to salvage when house and yard were destroyed. Hubby put it in a pot, coddled and cultivated it, and we now have a healthy little crop in a bed nestled next to the new place.

It’s not peppermint. It’s spearmint. I would swear to it in court. Spouse continues to defend “Patty” as peppermint and will with his dying breath. (Funny what you take defensive issues over after 28 years of marriage :)

So, to preserve the peace, it’s just mint. Mild mint at that, but I used a tablespoon of dry and crumbled leaves to make me a pint of chilled tisane last night and it was refreshing, genus and species notwithstanding.

K S

I have some chocolate mint dried now. I just need to bag it. It is peppermint with tendencies toward chocolate. Doesn’t really taste chocolate to me but it goes great with puerh. Anyway hope to get some coming your way soon. Should make for interesting arguments… ur… I mean conversations around your house. I’m pretty sure my tulsi didn’t turn out well. I’ll try to steep some later tonight and check.

Proverbs 19:11. Sigh.

:) Proverbs 31:10.

Bonnie

I like pineapple mint too…have some dried as well as apple and orange mint. Went loco with mint varieties!

gmathis

I never realized there were so many “flavored” varieties—the apple sounds interesting!

JustJames

this made me grin. i have had more sage and basil species than mint, though i have had pepper, chocolate and spear mint. i used to make lovely cold steeps with a rare pineapple sage bush i had…

gmathis

Pineapple sage…that sounds lovely! I’m so horticulturally challenged, it’s a wonder we’ve managed to keep our plain old … mint … alive.

JustJames

this is going to sound like a smartass remark, but i’m dead serious: i feed all my plants tea. it’s the equivalent of compost water. and then i take the dregs and turn them into the soil. i get about 200 ft per year out of our wisteria on that recipe.

gmathis

It doesn’t—I know spent leaves make great compost. I should do that more regularly.

Comments

K S

Proverbs 19:11. Sigh.