The soda pinch trick works! This isn’t a particularly acidic tea, but it isn’t an expensive one, either, so I threw a few bags into water in the fridge, pinched some soda, and let it steep. There is a noticeable difference in flavor—-the sharp edges are now rather gentle and smooth.

When this quart is gone, I’m off to Arm & Hammer some of the cheap grocery store brand to see what happens.

OMGsrsly

I do this for Yorkshire Gold, which is an incredibly strong tea. Works like a charm. :) I think I’ll try cold steeping it with a pinch of soda, just to see. Usually I hot steep then chill.

Comments

OMGsrsly

Southwest Missouri