drank Chance Combinations by Custom

Prompted by a few of you who have done the same thing, there’s now a jar in the kitchen labeled “Junkyard Tea” to contain the not-quite-enough or a-little-too-old scraps of black tea that accumulate when you’re not looking.

The fun of this is that its personality changes regularly, it’s still reasonably drinkable in the a.m., and if it doesn’t taste right…just add something else, and it’ll change again.

At the moment, the jar is a little Keemun-heavy with some sweetness in the background from odd Assams and a Darjeeling or two. Tomorrow…who knows?

Unpredictably yours till then,
G

SimplyJenW

I love your name for this! Mine has always been “Franken-Breakfast”!

gmathis

Your Franken-Breakfast sounds much more scientific and intentionally planned!

SimplyJenW

Yes, my recent one was and then I added some things to it that had me missing what I started with….. Just go easy on the smokey teas. They absolutely take over. I had to trash some at one point.

gmathis

Yep—no smokey stuff, no flavored stuff. (Though another jar with fruity and chocolate scraps might be interesting.)

Calochortus

I need to try this! I have some leftovers that are clogging my pantry~

Go for it :)

Comments

SimplyJenW

I love your name for this! Mine has always been “Franken-Breakfast”!

gmathis

Your Franken-Breakfast sounds much more scientific and intentionally planned!

Calochortus