This is a first-flush Darjeeling that isn’t on Culinary Teas’ website…can’t vouch too accurately for the age of the unopened package, but probably easily 2 years. It had just been neglected; I don’t reach first for Darjeelings too often.

Score one for proper packaging and reasonable storage…first whiff of the pouch had a delicious tangy/musty scent. (Only in Steepsterland does musty smell good?) Steeped at 5 minutes, it was grape-juicy good, minus the fruit. (Only in Steepsterland would people read that description and get it.)Not too astringent. A welcome change of wake-up pace.

Jason

gmathis: Did you rate this tea and then remove the rating? Trying to figure out if something is happening to people’s ratings….

gmathis

I typically don’t do numeric ratings, I’m too wishy-washy to be consistent. (Truthfully, I can’t remember whether I even noticed the slider bar this morning when I wrote this. Sorry about that.)

Jason

No worries! I was just making sure your rating hadn’t been deleted because some people are seeing something like that.

Comments

Jason

gmathis