I am always initially suspicious of Earl Greys—have encountered too many fussy, foppish ones that taste like perfume. This is a superb balance. Good, rich green tea is a solid foundation for not-too-much, just-enough citrusy bergamot.

I have made a new tea friend. k s sent a sample of this, which has been set back until there was plenty of quiet time to consider it. And thankful for the quiet I am. It’s been a wringer: Goodbye Day for this year’s crop of church kids, who were precious; they hugged me and I sniffled on them, then some time with my frail mom who is a little smaller and farther away every time we visit.

Grateful for the sound of rain, a quiet house, and this gentle cuppa, all of which are blessedly restorative.

K S

Gmathis, I don’t mind admitting I had tears in my eyes before I finished reading this. Glad I could help by supplying the gentle cuppa. I normally love my EG much bolder but somehow this just fits.

gmathis

They were all my favorites this year, but one of my favorite favorites, sandy-headed boy that is now a little taller than me and whose face is a hilarious echo of whatever he’s thinking, gave me a huge unprompted hug and said, “I promise to come back and see you.” I told him, “Scarecrow, I think I’ll miss you most of all.” He got it :)

The mom thing is a little harder to express. It’s just hard and I am inadequate.

K S

You expressed it completely. Embrace the moments.

Comments

K S

gmathis

K S

You expressed it completely. Embrace the moments.

Southwest Missouri