drank Chance Combinations by Custom

Long Sunday and I am worn out. Kid wrangling in the morning followed by a run to the nursing home to check on Mom followed by a run to the farm to do some running/fetching/carrying for tired and arthritic Dad. (Fun side note—Mom’s nursing home gets therapy miniature ponies. They bring ’em to the rooms like dogs!)

Couple all that with a really poorly-thought-out speed lunch at Long John Silver’s…ugh…I need tonickin’. So I steeped a strong infusion of chickweed and stirred in a spoonful of Pappy’s sassafras concentrate. The sassafras is a good mask for the chickweed—its pretty barky flavored, and between the two compounds, I am good for stomach ailments, arthritis, high blood pressure, and scurvy.

Nicole

Therapy ponies!!??!!! How awesome.

gmathis

Her other favorite is “Pretty Nails Day;” volunteers come by and do shiny manicures. I’m grateful for the people who are able to invest their time to do such small kind things.

Comments

Nicole

Therapy ponies!!??!!! How awesome.

gmathis