drank Chance Combinations by Custom

I cheffed! I cheffed! Not cooked…cheffed ! Dredged and orange zested and hubby tried roasting garlic and we put it all together to make a variation of Chicken Balsamico with a little orange juice thrown into the liquid (http://carinosathome.blogspot.com/2012/07/chicken-balsamico.html). And we didn’t ruin it! (Again, this is one of those statements that will make some of you laugh heartily at my expense.)

Anyway, with some orange zest left, it seemed sensible to toss it into a tea strainer with some dried lemon verbena. Smells citrusy-sensuous, tastes pleasantly orange zesty, and is a perfect aperitif after one more helping of pasta than I really needed…

Nicole

That’s a tasty sounding dinner!

gmathis

It really wasn’t that hard: dredge, brown, dump balsamic vinegar, and reduce. I can cook plausibly when I don’t have to hurry…it’s just those confounded evening meals when I come dragging home exhausted that turn me into a kitchen incompetent. Oh, to be able to retire…

Angrboda

Well done on the cheffing! I’m not particularly interested in cooking beyond liking to try a new recipe, but it’s fun to try and do a new one now and then that seems a little more difficult or uses some new technique or something.

Comments

Nicole

That’s a tasty sounding dinner!

gmathis