drank Random Steepings by Various Artists

Don’t you love surprise tea boxes waiting for you at the end of a rough, rough, rough workday? (Kinks in neck, permanent crease in forehead, blood pressure at low boil?)

In this case, it was a selection of matcha samples for taste testing from Red Leaf Tea. Matcha and I haven’t spent much time together and much of it has been comedies of error, so this will be a wonderful educational opportunity. I carefully followed Red Leaf’s general preparation instructions, minus a proper bowl and whisk, and am now curiously peering into a cup of what looks like squished frog and creek water, but tastes rich and mild and a little grassy.

Experts, does a little matcha still settle to the bottom of your cup if you’ve properly whisked it, or is it because I made do with a fork?

caile

Lol, squished frog and creek water – glad the taste is better! ;-)

OMGsrsly

Probably a little of both! I find that higher quality matcha can stay suspended longer, but it is little chunks of tea leaves so they do settle.