drank Backyard Botanicals by Custom

OK, this is the last of the homegrowns I had not yet tried—pineapple mint. It’s interesting: leaves are thick and a little fuzzy, long olive-green ovals with cream-colored edges.

Again, using a bag of Red Rose decaf as the backdrop—I think it’s a winner because there are no strong tea flavors to compete with the mint so I can get a fair impression of the flavor profile. I’m not entirely sure I’m getting pineapple out of it, but there is a fruity-something happening along with the mint.

Wish y’all were here to share with. The applemint has gone bananas; almost growing faster than I can prune. I have several large clumps drying upside down in the garage. It’s beginning to look like a tobacco barn.

TheTeaFairy

Haha! I wish I was closer to get my hands on that applemint of yours ;-)

gmathis

We’ve had an odd spell of weather…a 5-20 minute shower daily between 3-ish and 6-ish for close to two weeks. The plants are in happyland.

Mercuryhime

Can’t wait for my own mint plants to do as well as yours!

ashmanra

Oh my! I just replanted my peppermint and bought some spearmint, but it isn’t doing as well as yours! Also, I have failed at growing lavender here. The tag always says, full sun, well drained soil. We have plenty of both. It dies. This time I planted it in a pot, in the shade, and it is thriving and blooming. Hurray! I want to get a whole trail of lavender pots going along that side of the house! It is even blooming. A first! (Where I live, the nurseries tell you that if it says full sun, it means at least partial shade for us.)

Comments

TheTeaFairy

Haha! I wish I was closer to get my hands on that applemint of yours ;-)

gmathis

Mercuryhime

Can’t wait for my own mint plants to do as well as yours!

ashmanra