drank Green Tea by Unknown

This one remains a mystery and I have been too lazy to take and post a picture. It is in a lovely white tin with blue roses and a medallion that looks like a Blue Willow china plate.
The only English on the tin and the inner pouch is a very awkwardly spelled description (lovely “flayour” and “tenderraw” leaves) that provides no further description of its provenance. The lid of the tin was sealed with a very prominent green “2014” sticker and it came to me via a friend’s hubby who was in China very early this year.

Anyway, it steeps to the color of champagne/honeysuckle and is heavy, satiny, and tastes like sweet hay. Made a whole pot so I could enjoy a regular cuppa and try chilling a jar as well. At the rate I’m going, there may not be any left to chill.

Edit after I Googled “2014 green tea blue and white tin” (sometimes you find stuff!) It appears to be a Bi Luo Chun: http://www.aliexpress.com/item/150g-Top-Grade-biluochun-Spring-2013-green-Tea-Chinese-health-Care-Weight-loss-Bi-Luo-Chun/1412979198.html

TheTeaFairy

That tin is so pretty!

gmathis

I have always loved the Blue Willow china pattern—that’s what the tin reminds me of.

ashmanra

That is beautiful! I use an odd assortment of Spode Blue Room dishes, mostly the floral series, that I collected at discount shops over the years. My only blue willow is a couple of pieces I inherited from my godfather, and he inherited them from his mother. I display those, but don’t use them.

gmathis

Lost the only BW plate I had in the you-know-what…ever watch Andy Griffith closely? That’s what they eat on for everyday!

yyz

I’ve always loved blue willow as well. I love these blue and white tons as well. They have almost sucked me into certain aliexpress purchases but so far I’ve controlled myself.

Comments

TheTeaFairy

That tin is so pretty!