There are those who would say tea concentrate is sacrilege, but you just can’t beat this one for good ol’fashioned Ozark mountain sentimentality. Flat unsweet root beer, that’s all there is to it, and since I think root beer is often way too sweet, this is great. A tablespoon or so in a hot cuppa; or about double strength iced.

Cofftea

My aunt got this http://www.favatea.com/store/shopexd.asp?id=381 for the girl she babysits for and she LOVED it. Steep in as little water possible to make a concentrate and add soda water.

gmathis

My grandpa steeped the real thing from sassafrass bark and sat in his old stinky canvas-back porch chair and drank it iced from (OK, I’m dating myself here) those old colored aluminum tumblers with silver innards that sweat like crazy in the summer weather and made your teeth tingle. Can’t QUITE duplicate that, but it’s close.

Comments

Cofftea

gmathis