I try every so often to understand white tea. It bamboozles me. Not being a particularly intuitive person, I don’t want to have to chase down whatever flavor is in my cup. I want it to find me.

I didn’t have to run quite so hard for this one, a thoughtful sample tossed in with a Nature’s Tea Leaf order. Leaves were huge and virtually untouched; some stems in the bundle as well, but that isn’t a turn-off. Steeped as precisely to instructions as my sloppy methods allow, it was a honey-goldenrod color, satiny in texture, and a little sweet and soapy in taste. Soapy in a good way. And cornsilky. A nice little spring break in the middle of a very weary week.

ashmanra

Oooh, I need to order from them again. I love one of their black teas for breakfast. Now to find which one…

gmathis

My order was a large packet of Fujian Congou.