drank Irish Breakfast by Twinings

How times have changed … used to be it was the child that was awake at 4 a.m. on Christmas morning due to the excitement; now it’s the parents awake at 4 a.m. on Christmas morning due to insomnia. So we decided on a lark to leave the teenager in bed and go out to breakfast wherever we could find an open door. I toted my own bag, not knowing where we’d land, and good ol’ Irish Breakfast is a can’t-miss morning guarantee. Cranberry orange pancakes at Denny’s.

One thing that hasn’t changed…the down-on-my-knees sense of awe and blessing that always hits me on Christmas morning, no matter who’s up first: after all, “the Word became flesh and took up residence among us.” May He be in residence with you and your families today.

JacquelineM

Blessings to you and yours, gmathis!

ashmanra