Hard to get started this morning; so I treated myself to a morning cup of something really good. This is a yummy liquid illustration of “God, who richly provides us with everything to enjoy.” Surely Paul had a cup of this in front of him when he was writing 1 Timothy!

(Actually, probably not … try as I might to verify it, I don’t think tea hit that part of the Mediterranean until much, much later.)

ashmanra

I told my girls I bet the “trees by the river of God whose leaves are for the healing of the nations” in Revelation must be tea trees! :)

Jim Marks

If the Greeks and Romans had access to tea, they wouldn’t have been all aggro on every body, ne?

“Then the angel showed me the river of the water of life, bright as crystal, flowing from the throne of God and of the Lamb through the middle of the street of the city; also, on either side of the river, the tree of life with its twelve kinds of fruit, yielding its fruit each month. The leaves of the tree were for the healing of the nations.” Revelation 22:1-2

Which, by the way, is mostly just quoting Ezekiel 47, Zechariah 14 and Psalm 46

gmathis

Amen and amen!

Comments

ashmanra

Jim Marks