Leaves are huge, and steeped, have kind of a neat multicolor green/black effect. Flavor is lighter, brighter, and fruitier than what you’d expect in a normal black—several previous notes have mentioned raspberry taste and I can see that. Really nice, really pleasant, doesn’t need a single addition.

ashmanra

I have loved Ruby #18 from A Southern Season, but when I tried Black Ruby from Shui Tea I realized that my ruby was weak! Still delicious, but in comparison the one from Shui that is supposed to be the same, had richer molasses notes and deep dark raisin. They both resteep well. Did you try it with this one?

Comments

ashmanra

Southwest Missouri