drank Tippy Yunnan by Harney & Sons

Ever notice how when you do things in the wrong order in the morning, it throws the whole rhythm of things off? I B’d before I A’d, and then when it came to C, I forgot the tea was steeping, so this ended up more like burnt toast than lightly toasted morning goodness.

Though I don’t usually put milk in Chinese teas, it helped in this case.

JacquelineM

Oh boy – did you fly to work on Tippy Yunnan fumes today. This tea wakes me up like no other! I once steeped it for 5 minutes and I thought I was going to rocket off the earth!

ashmanra

I agree! I give this one an extra short steep compared to my other black teas!

gmathis

Hmmm…I was so groggy (which was why that was my morning choice) I think it would’ve taken straight premium unleaded to get me going. I’ve upgraded to only slightly out of it :)

I know tea’s caffeine delivery system is somewhat different, but generally I can drink the “heavy stuff” without too many rocket-engine side affects. On the flipside, put a cup of coffee in me and you have to pull me off the ceiling.

Angrboda

Gosh I hate when that sort of thing happens. I get the same sort of thing at work when people insist on trying to help me, even though I’ve made it very clear to everybody that I prefer to not be helped. You lose track of what you’re doing.

Comments

JacquelineM

ashmanra

I agree! I give this one an extra short steep compared to my other black teas!

gmathis