drank Monks Blend by The Whistling Kettle

My favorite Monk’s Blend is the Metropolitan/Mlesna version from Culinary Teas. This one is still really good, but the vanilla/grenadine flavoring is almost a little … syrupy? (Duh—grenadine is syrup, yes?) Anyway, it was strong enough I could dump in a half teaspoon of mate leaves without much flavor deterioration at at all.

SimplyJenW

I am sure this is the same stuff. The Whistilng Kettle has to many teas that are like Metro teas for it to be a concindence.

gmathis

I wondered about that, and if that’s the case and it’s the same stuff, it must be my imagination about the flavor difference. Judging books by their cover and all :)

Then again, I had a full pound of Monks Blend that I milked for I don’t know how many seasons, so it’s possible that my taste memory was registering the stuff that was getting old.

I’d love to be a tea taster when I grow up, but my taste buds are awfully inconsistent to be objective!

SimplyJenW

I often wonder if freshness could be an issue. Some tea vendors are better about storage than others. Flavor difference could also come from the water, the amount of tea used, etc. Maybe your taster is just noticing those kinds of subtleties. (I remember sending you this one becasue it was on your list of ones you liked!)

SimplyJenW

..ummm…because. I seem to always get my ‘s’ and ‘u’ switched when typing that word…..

gmathis

My brain is such that once I’ve made a certain typo, I’ll make it from that point forward forever.

Comments

SimplyJenW

Southwest Missouri