drank Focus by Tazo

We started a new Christmas tradition last year—now that the teenager tends to sleep till mid-morning, Mom and Dad let him and we go out for breakfast at Denny’s at the crack of dawn.

So this morning, I took my own teabag with me. (Another out-of-town find; I can get it locally, but it was a lot cheaper at Whole Foods. ) And I’m glad I did — I think this is, on my sliding and wishy-washy rating scale, the best Tazo in their current line-up.

Cocoa and orange are the predominant flavors, but the ingredient list also mentions lemongrass and chicory along with the black tea. Whatever blending voodoo Tazo does do with this works wonderfully well. Reminds me of those little chocolate-covered orange cordial sticks (weren’t they once branded as Walking Sticks?) that you could only find at the drugstore.

Our nice, bleary-eyed college-aged server brought me a mini-pot of hot water along with my cup and one bag held up pretty well for two big steeps.