drank Fired Up Fennel by DAVIDsTEA

When I was a kid and feeling sick, my Grandma used to make me a fennel tea with a touch of sugar. This one reminds me of that. Only my Grandma would never even think of fennel and chili peppers.

I loved the strong licorice flavor. It’s not everyone’s favorite but it is absolutely one of mine. It did remind me a lot of my Grandma’s tea but the taste was just so much bolder which I loved. It was kick in your face fennel. It was just so sweet and spicy and I loved the subtle kick that the chili peppers gives the tea. I made sure that I had at least one whole chili pepper in my steeper. I have a very high tolerance for heat and spice so it didn’t bother me but someone with a lower tolerance may have issues.

I was actually a bit surprised that David’s Tea went with fennel, anise and licorice for the complete kick you in the face licorice taste experience. It’s a very polarizing flavor and I am thrilled they were so bold with it. I love it. I am a big fan of anything licorice, fennel or anise and I love spicy everything. Basically, there couldn’t have been a more perfect tea for me.

Book blogger. Hockey fan. Reformed coffee drinker. Newly minted tea addict. I grammar police myself and no one else. Pu’er lover.

My favorite type of tea is pu’er. I can see myself living in a house alone with just pu’er cakes, a electric tea kettle, my trusty pu’er pick from Mandala and a thermos. I prefer ripe pu’er but love raw pu’er as well. My current favorite is the Special Dark from Mandala Tea.

Black Tea-I also love all forms of black tea. Black tea is where I started and I still love the malty loveliness of a good black tea. My current favorite is Grandpa’s Anytime Tea from Butiki.

Green Tea-Green tea is pretty hit and miss with me. I have never really developed a liking towards it. I have been dying to explore green tea more. Especially matcha and genmaicha. My current favorite is Autumn Harvest Laoshan Green from Verdant Tea.

Herbals/Mate-It depends on what’s in them. I gravitate more to herbs and spices rather than fruit flavors. My current favorite is Fired Up Fennel from Davids Tea.

I love mate (and guayusa). It helped me kick my coffee habit to one cup a day. I will try any blend with mate in it. My current favorite is Chocolate Rocket from Davids Tea.

White Tea-Sadly, I haven’t tried many white teas but I am planning on it very soon.

Oolong Tea-I have tried one or two oolong teas but in blends only. I am dying to try a straight oolong. My current favorite is Milk Oolong by Mandala Tea.

Rooibos-I love rooibos blends but they are very hit and miss with me. I love the woodiness of rooibos. My favorite is currently Oh Canada from Davids Tea.

Flavored Tea-I love flavored teas. I am willing to try just about any flavor combination and the weirder the better. My current favorite flavored tea is Laoshan Black Chocolate Genmaicha by Verdant Tea.

I am always searching for a tea with fig or chili in it.

My favorite tea companies-Mandala Tea (their Phatty Cake was my first ever “Oh My God” tea moment), Butiki Teas, Verdant Tea, and Davids Tea

Staten Island, New York