drank Mango Diablo by DAVIDsTEA

I have learned something about myself—if the tea has chili in it, I will buy it. Even if it doesn’t have anything else I like in it. Chilies are apparently a big selling point to me.

The dry tea looks beautiful and smells delicious. Those bright chili strings are just so pretty and the mango smell is lovely and intense. If I was willing to share this tea, I might break it out when I have company just because of the pretty factor but I’m not willing so I won’t.

I brewed this tea hot because I have the flu and iced tea when you’re sick is not fun. Hot this tea is all mango with a nice background of green tea. I barely got any chili heat which was a bit disappointing because I like the chili kick. I did find the mango flavor to be very pleasant and intense but I wanted the chili heat. However, I happened to get distracted and the tea cooled off a bit to lukewarm and I was surprised that the chili intensified as the tea cooled. It was the perfect balance of mango sweetness with the bite of the chili.

The next time I brew this one I will probably steep it longer than the recommended 5 minutes. I like my tea hot but still want the kick of the chili. I did love this tea either way.

Book blogger. Hockey fan. Reformed coffee drinker. Newly minted tea addict. I grammar police myself and no one else. Pu’er lover.

My favorite type of tea is pu’er. I can see myself living in a house alone with just pu’er cakes, a electric tea kettle, my trusty pu’er pick from Mandala and a thermos. I prefer ripe pu’er but love raw pu’er as well. My current favorite is the Special Dark from Mandala Tea.

Black Tea-I also love all forms of black tea. Black tea is where I started and I still love the malty loveliness of a good black tea. My current favorite is Grandpa’s Anytime Tea from Butiki.

Green Tea-Green tea is pretty hit and miss with me. I have never really developed a liking towards it. I have been dying to explore green tea more. Especially matcha and genmaicha. My current favorite is Autumn Harvest Laoshan Green from Verdant Tea.

Herbals/Mate-It depends on what’s in them. I gravitate more to herbs and spices rather than fruit flavors. My current favorite is Fired Up Fennel from Davids Tea.

I love mate (and guayusa). It helped me kick my coffee habit to one cup a day. I will try any blend with mate in it. My current favorite is Chocolate Rocket from Davids Tea.

White Tea-Sadly, I haven’t tried many white teas but I am planning on it very soon.

Oolong Tea-I have tried one or two oolong teas but in blends only. I am dying to try a straight oolong. My current favorite is Milk Oolong by Mandala Tea.

Rooibos-I love rooibos blends but they are very hit and miss with me. I love the woodiness of rooibos. My favorite is currently Oh Canada from Davids Tea.

Flavored Tea-I love flavored teas. I am willing to try just about any flavor combination and the weirder the better. My current favorite flavored tea is Laoshan Black Chocolate Genmaicha by Verdant Tea.

I am always searching for a tea with fig or chili in it.

My favorite tea companies-Mandala Tea (their Phatty Cake was my first ever “Oh My God” tea moment), Butiki Teas, Verdant Tea, and Davids Tea

Staten Island, New York