6th Steep-2.30 minutes
Still has the fig taste. But much lighter. Not as sweet or syrupy but very mellow. Also has a bit of a whole wheat bread taste.

7th Steep-3 minutes
Whole wheat bread. Very nutty and naturally sweet. I do miss the fig though.

8th Steep-4 minutes
Getting a lot of milk chocolate notes. Never have I had a pu-er where the chocolate shows up in the later steeps. Not that I am all that experienced with pu-er but still.

9th Steep5 minutes
Still chocolaty with a nutty note. Not hazelnut. Maybe pistachio. The flavor is starting to fade quite a bit. But after 2 days and 9 (soon to be 10) steeps, it perfectly acceptable.

10th Steep-6 minutes
Vanilla and floral notes. Very pleasant. I am almost regretting putting myself on a 10 steep limit.

I think this one will be a staple. I got so many lovely flavors out of it. I could drink this everyday and never get bored.

Book blogger. Hockey fan. Reformed coffee drinker. Newly minted tea addict. I grammar police myself and no one else. Pu’er lover.

My favorite type of tea is pu’er. I can see myself living in a house alone with just pu’er cakes, a electric tea kettle, my trusty pu’er pick from Mandala and a thermos. I prefer ripe pu’er but love raw pu’er as well. My current favorite is the Special Dark from Mandala Tea.

Black Tea-I also love all forms of black tea. Black tea is where I started and I still love the malty loveliness of a good black tea. My current favorite is Grandpa’s Anytime Tea from Butiki.

Green Tea-Green tea is pretty hit and miss with me. I have never really developed a liking towards it. I have been dying to explore green tea more. Especially matcha and genmaicha. My current favorite is Autumn Harvest Laoshan Green from Verdant Tea.

Herbals/Mate-It depends on what’s in them. I gravitate more to herbs and spices rather than fruit flavors. My current favorite is Fired Up Fennel from Davids Tea.

I love mate (and guayusa). It helped me kick my coffee habit to one cup a day. I will try any blend with mate in it. My current favorite is Chocolate Rocket from Davids Tea.

White Tea-Sadly, I haven’t tried many white teas but I am planning on it very soon.

Oolong Tea-I have tried one or two oolong teas but in blends only. I am dying to try a straight oolong. My current favorite is Milk Oolong by Mandala Tea.

Rooibos-I love rooibos blends but they are very hit and miss with me. I love the woodiness of rooibos. My favorite is currently Oh Canada from Davids Tea.

Flavored Tea-I love flavored teas. I am willing to try just about any flavor combination and the weirder the better. My current favorite flavored tea is Laoshan Black Chocolate Genmaicha by Verdant Tea.

I am always searching for a tea with fig or chili in it.

My favorite tea companies-Mandala Tea (their Phatty Cake was my first ever “Oh My God” tea moment), Butiki Teas, Verdant Tea, and Davids Tea

Staten Island, New York