drank Black Manas by Teajo Teas

This one was my first straight Assam and I think I may have fallen in love. Big time. I brewed this one according to instructions on the package. I would usually have brewed it in 1 minute increments but I did one brew of 3 minutes.

The result was a lovely malty yet sweet brew of heavenly black tea. I loved the malt of this tea. There was also a nice honey sweetness along with the malt. I was a bit surprised to find a fruity note in there. Peach or apricot…I can’t decide but it was good. There was also a slight bit of tang that’s not quite astringency but awakens the palate.

I will definitely be buying more of this. It could become my morning black tea. I had a cup this morning and did not even have a desire for my regular cup of coffee. Coffee is starting to smell like wet dog to me anyway.

Thanks to Teajo Teas for sending me a sample.

Terri HarpLady

Ooh, this sound tight up my alley!

Comments

Terri HarpLady

Ooh, this sound tight up my alley!

Book blogger. Hockey fan. Reformed coffee drinker. Newly minted tea addict. I grammar police myself and no one else. Pu’er lover.

My favorite type of tea is pu’er. I can see myself living in a house alone with just pu’er cakes, a electric tea kettle, my trusty pu’er pick from Mandala and a thermos. I prefer ripe pu’er but love raw pu’er as well. My current favorite is the Special Dark from Mandala Tea.

Black Tea-I also love all forms of black tea. Black tea is where I started and I still love the malty loveliness of a good black tea. My current favorite is Grandpa’s Anytime Tea from Butiki.

Green Tea-Green tea is pretty hit and miss with me. I have never really developed a liking towards it. I have been dying to explore green tea more. Especially matcha and genmaicha. My current favorite is Autumn Harvest Laoshan Green from Verdant Tea.

Herbals/Mate-It depends on what’s in them. I gravitate more to herbs and spices rather than fruit flavors. My current favorite is Fired Up Fennel from Davids Tea.

I love mate (and guayusa). It helped me kick my coffee habit to one cup a day. I will try any blend with mate in it. My current favorite is Chocolate Rocket from Davids Tea.

White Tea-Sadly, I haven’t tried many white teas but I am planning on it very soon.

Oolong Tea-I have tried one or two oolong teas but in blends only. I am dying to try a straight oolong. My current favorite is Milk Oolong by Mandala Tea.

Rooibos-I love rooibos blends but they are very hit and miss with me. I love the woodiness of rooibos. My favorite is currently Oh Canada from Davids Tea.

Flavored Tea-I love flavored teas. I am willing to try just about any flavor combination and the weirder the better. My current favorite flavored tea is Laoshan Black Chocolate Genmaicha by Verdant Tea.

I am always searching for a tea with fig or chili in it.

My favorite tea companies-Mandala Tea (their Phatty Cake was my first ever “Oh My God” tea moment), Butiki Teas, Verdant Tea, and Davids Tea

Staten Island, New York