Thanks to Sil for sending me this lovely tea.

The past two days have been terrible in a bad way. I had a bit of a family emergency and I haven’t slept for over two days. The only thing that kept me sane during this stressful time is the process of brewing tea. And this tea was excellent.

1st Steep-15 seconds
Very grassy in a good. There are also nice citrus notes with a creamy finish. It’s also a bit floral but in a gentle way.

2nd Steep-18 seconds
Grassy with lime notes. There is a merengue note on the finish. That sounds crazy, doesn’t it?

3rd Steep-20 seconds
Still grassy with a bit of a peppery note. Kind of like arugula. Not exactly a combination that you like to find in tea but it was so tasty.

4th Steep-40 seconds
Still sort of grassy but the pepper is gone. Much more vegetal. Admittedly not my favorite steep but pleasant.

5th Steep-1 minute
Tastes like the olive oil my family brings from Italy when they visit. My family calls it the good stuff. I could drink that stuff straight. Fruity with a olive tang. My favorite steep.

6th Steep-2 minutes
Still get the olive oil but with a bit of spice. Not pepper but rosemary. A bit piney.

7th Steep-3 minutes
Again I am going to sound insane but I am getting basil notes with a lemon tang. Lemon and basil is one of my favorite combinations.

This was definitely a pleasant tea that helped to keep me stress free during a very trying two days. I don’t think it’s going to be one I rush to buy but I do like it but I have Golden Fleece higher up on my priorities list for when I get my voucher.

YAY! i’m so glad that this brought a bit of a smile to your day. Everyone needs those!

Terri HarpLady

Hang in there, Grace!

graceatblb

Thanks. It’s been a terrible couple of days.

Comments

Terri HarpLady

Hang in there, Grace!

graceatblb

Thanks. It’s been a terrible couple of days.

Book blogger. Hockey fan. Reformed coffee drinker. Newly minted tea addict. I grammar police myself and no one else. Pu’er lover.

My favorite type of tea is pu’er. I can see myself living in a house alone with just pu’er cakes, a electric tea kettle, my trusty pu’er pick from Mandala and a thermos. I prefer ripe pu’er but love raw pu’er as well. My current favorite is the Special Dark from Mandala Tea.

Black Tea-I also love all forms of black tea. Black tea is where I started and I still love the malty loveliness of a good black tea. My current favorite is Grandpa’s Anytime Tea from Butiki.

Green Tea-Green tea is pretty hit and miss with me. I have never really developed a liking towards it. I have been dying to explore green tea more. Especially matcha and genmaicha. My current favorite is Autumn Harvest Laoshan Green from Verdant Tea.

Herbals/Mate-It depends on what’s in them. I gravitate more to herbs and spices rather than fruit flavors. My current favorite is Fired Up Fennel from Davids Tea.

I love mate (and guayusa). It helped me kick my coffee habit to one cup a day. I will try any blend with mate in it. My current favorite is Chocolate Rocket from Davids Tea.

White Tea-Sadly, I haven’t tried many white teas but I am planning on it very soon.

Oolong Tea-I have tried one or two oolong teas but in blends only. I am dying to try a straight oolong. My current favorite is Milk Oolong by Mandala Tea.

Rooibos-I love rooibos blends but they are very hit and miss with me. I love the woodiness of rooibos. My favorite is currently Oh Canada from Davids Tea.

Flavored Tea-I love flavored teas. I am willing to try just about any flavor combination and the weirder the better. My current favorite flavored tea is Laoshan Black Chocolate Genmaicha by Verdant Tea.

I am always searching for a tea with fig or chili in it.

My favorite tea companies-Mandala Tea (their Phatty Cake was my first ever “Oh My God” tea moment), Butiki Teas, Verdant Tea, and Davids Tea

Staten Island, New York