drank Special Dark by Mandala Tea

It is almost 6am here in good old New York and I am unable to sleep. The thoughts just keep coming. It’s one of those nights. But what I am doing is sipping Special Dark. I save it for occasions that are particularly stressful because it is a happy place for me. I bought fancypants honey so I decided to add a touch to the first steep and it definitely brought out the creamy notes in the tea. But for me, it adds a little too much sweet even with the little bit I added. This is one of those teas that really doesn’t need any adornments. It’s perfect the way it is.

P.S. I have fallen off the coffee wagon. I was gifted a Keurig for Christmas and it was bad. But good. I can love them both, right?
P.P.S-I blame my hockey team.

Flavors: Chocolate, Cream, Nuts

mrmopar

Yes you can love them both. I have this issue also!

boychik

I have Nespresso and cannot live without 1 cup of lungo in the morning. No sugar, no milk. Just 1 cup a day

darby

I only make tea in my Keurig! Tetley makes an awesome British blend

Comments

mrmopar

Yes you can love them both. I have this issue also!

boychik

darby

I only make tea in my Keurig! Tetley makes an awesome British blend

Book blogger. Hockey fan. Reformed coffee drinker. Newly minted tea addict. I grammar police myself and no one else. Pu’er lover.

My favorite type of tea is pu’er. I can see myself living in a house alone with just pu’er cakes, a electric tea kettle, my trusty pu’er pick from Mandala and a thermos. I prefer ripe pu’er but love raw pu’er as well. My current favorite is the Special Dark from Mandala Tea.

Black Tea-I also love all forms of black tea. Black tea is where I started and I still love the malty loveliness of a good black tea. My current favorite is Grandpa’s Anytime Tea from Butiki.

Green Tea-Green tea is pretty hit and miss with me. I have never really developed a liking towards it. I have been dying to explore green tea more. Especially matcha and genmaicha. My current favorite is Autumn Harvest Laoshan Green from Verdant Tea.

Herbals/Mate-It depends on what’s in them. I gravitate more to herbs and spices rather than fruit flavors. My current favorite is Fired Up Fennel from Davids Tea.

I love mate (and guayusa). It helped me kick my coffee habit to one cup a day. I will try any blend with mate in it. My current favorite is Chocolate Rocket from Davids Tea.

White Tea-Sadly, I haven’t tried many white teas but I am planning on it very soon.

Oolong Tea-I have tried one or two oolong teas but in blends only. I am dying to try a straight oolong. My current favorite is Milk Oolong by Mandala Tea.

Rooibos-I love rooibos blends but they are very hit and miss with me. I love the woodiness of rooibos. My favorite is currently Oh Canada from Davids Tea.

Flavored Tea-I love flavored teas. I am willing to try just about any flavor combination and the weirder the better. My current favorite flavored tea is Laoshan Black Chocolate Genmaicha by Verdant Tea.

I am always searching for a tea with fig or chili in it.

My favorite tea companies-Mandala Tea (their Phatty Cake was my first ever “Oh My God” tea moment), Butiki Teas, Verdant Tea, and Davids Tea

Staten Island, New York