drank Jasmine Green Tea by Kusmi Tea

Another review my lovely computer got rid of when my browser “quit unexpectedly.” It’s not like these reviews are priceless high art or something, but having to rethink them still makes me want to throw my computer at a wall, especially when I’m not drinking the tea at the moment.

I don’t have much experience with jasmine teas, but this was beautifully fragrant and it was a lovely, calming experience drinking it. I enjoyed it a lot and wish I could say more about it now, but will update this when I drink my other bag of it. I drank it unsweetened and without milk or anything else and I think that’s the best way because of how precious that fragrance is. However, I did have something in the Lebanese restaurants in Paris that tasted like jasmine tea with a bit of sweetener and orange blossom water. It was delicious.

For a type of tea as traditional as jasmine, I’m inclined to think that better quality or fuller flavour might be found in teas from a brand specialising in Asian teas. I like Kusmi a lot, but I don’t think this is the best jasmine I could be drinking. I never thought it would be, it was just one component of the sampler I got. This tea doesn’t taste like it’s not good quality or anything, though. Side note: you can’t effectively re-steep these leaves.

I’ll try more jasmine teas in future, and it might be interesting to see how the jasmine tastes alongside green teas with slightly different flavours.

I come from Australia, but I’ve been in Europe for the last eight months and tea-wise, it’s been surprisingly good for me.

All teas rated and reviewed by me on here have been paid for by me. No rating or review posted by me has been conducted with product given for the purpose of giving ratings or reviews, or for the promise of stock discounts.

Australia