drank Jardin Sauvage by Lupicia

Green rooibos is relatively new to me, but I’ve come to the conclusion that I much prefer it to its red counterpart. Given that, I’ve been exploring green rooibos blends lately, and I’ve already found a bunch of enjoyable options – including Jardin Sauvage.

The dry leaf smells very fruity. It’s making me think of orange soda – not the artificial neon kind, but something more along the lines of San Pellegrino Aranciata.

Taste-wise, the green rooibos base is dominant – it has a pleasant sweet flavor that always reminds me of honey whole-wheat pretzels. The fruit flavoring isn’t terribly strong, but it is present. I’m mostly getting citrus, although there’s something else I can’t quite pin down. Someone mentioned dried mango in another review, and I think that might be it. I’m definitely not tasting fresh mango. The flavoring works nicely with the rooibos, I think.

As others have noted, Jardin Sauvage seems like a funny name for such a light, delicate tea. But regardless, this is a really refreshing caffeine-free option. I bet it would be good iced, and I know I’ll enjoy having it in my stash this summer.

Likes: greens, dark oolongs, genmaicha, fruity greens and oolongs, chai, matcha, jasmine, Assam, Ceylon, Darjeeling

Dislikes: spearmint, chamomile, stevia, marshmallows, unflavored white teas, green oolongs

I’m always open to swaps; let me know if you’re interested!

New York, NY