My tea timer on my phone told me to make this using 70degC water and to steep for 2 mins. I usually use slightly hotter water and am careful with the timings because any more than a minute makes it horribly bitter.

It was a bit of a pain to get water at 70degC and I ended up mixing together hot and cold water to get the right temperature, but I followed the instructions precisely, even heating the mug (I made it with a tea ball) to make sure it was right.

The result was a better cup of sencha than I have had for a long time, a fuller taste without being bitter.

I’m learning….

I moved from the UK to Australia in 2015. I’ve had a fascination with tea since university, and like to try lots of different types. My preference is for real tea over other infusions: green tea, oolong and black, including flavoured varieties. I love encouraging people to try new teas. I also play the trombone.
>90: Some of the best I’ve had so far.
80-90: I love this tea, likely to buy again
70-80: Good tea. Most tea in my cupboard is in this category because it’s fine to drink it all day!
50-70: I’d drink it if it was offered to me, and I’ll drink what’s in the cupboard, but I’m unlikely to buy it again.

Hobart, Australia