drank French Earl Grey by T2

I was in Australia when I came across this tea. It was available to taste in the shop we visited. I really hadn’t intended on bringing any tea back with me, but I couldn’t resist, especially with my girlfriend egging me on!

As many of the other reviewers have said, this is quite a long way from a ‘normal’ Earl Grey. I still think it’s a legitimate Earl Grey, because the Bergamot isn’t lost in the flavour, but it’s less of a case of Bergamot vs tea, and more of an overall balance between a whole range of flavours. In fact, when I drink it, I don’t distinguish the flavours, in the same way as I wouldn’t focus on the individual ingredients when eating a Bolognese or a stew.

I’m not at all a fan of flowery tea, but this really works!! I’m also not used to having more than one Earl Grey in my cupboard at once, but since the other has a really tangy Bergamot flavour and this is more rounded.

You feel very refined drinking this tea, and it wouldn’t be out of place in a posh restaurant.

Highly recommended

I moved from the UK to Australia in 2015. I’ve had a fascination with tea since university, and like to try lots of different types. My preference is for real tea over other infusions: green tea, oolong and black, including flavoured varieties. I love encouraging people to try new teas. I also play the trombone.
>90: Some of the best I’ve had so far.
80-90: I love this tea, likely to buy again
70-80: Good tea. Most tea in my cupboard is in this category because it’s fine to drink it all day!
50-70: I’d drink it if it was offered to me, and I’ll drink what’s in the cupboard, but I’m unlikely to buy it again.

Hobart, Australia