drank French Earl Grey by T2

I was in Australia when I came across this tea. It was available to taste in the shop we visited. I really hadn’t intended on bringing any tea back with me, but I couldn’t resist, especially with my girlfriend egging me on!

As many of the other reviewers have said, this is quite a long way from a ‘normal’ Earl Grey. I still think it’s a legitimate Earl Grey, because the Bergamot isn’t lost in the flavour, but it’s less of a case of Bergamot vs tea, and more of an overall balance between a whole range of flavours. In fact, when I drink it, I don’t distinguish the flavours, in the same way as I wouldn’t focus on the individual ingredients when eating a Bolognese or a stew.

I’m not at all a fan of flowery tea, but this really works!! I’m also not used to having more than one Earl Grey in my cupboard at once, but since the other has a really tangy Bergamot flavour and this is more rounded.

You feel very refined drinking this tea, and it wouldn’t be out of place in a posh restaurant.

Highly recommended

I finished being a student in 2008 and began working in The North, where “tea” means “evening meal” which confuses me regularly. I love encouraging people to try new teas, but when I’m not doing that, I play the trombone, play some sport (badly) and socialise

UK