I was in a restaurant today and was excited to see that they had a range of Teapigs tea on offer. I was excited and told my friends what a special occasion it was. So I was a little disappointed that the Teapigs range on offer was all tisanes rather than any real tea. The best I could find was this, because rooibos is almost real tea. Almost. But I wasn’t so enthusiastic. I had to get it after showing my initial enthusiasm to my friends, but my expecations were quite low.

And…

I’m impressed! I have had similar drinks before and found one flavour to be dominating. Sometimes you get very creamy textures, sometimes you get rooibos overpowering everything, and sometimes you get something that is so sweet that is horrible.

The flavours are balanced very well, the caramel dominates the smell of it, but I’d prefer that to the smell of rooibos, which I don’t like especially. When you drink it you can taste it all an it is actually very pleasant.

Even more surprising is that this come in a teabag as well as loose leaf. I had mine from a teabag, but it really shouldn’t make much difference because they use whole leaves in both, without costing a fortune like MightyLeaf teabags.

It’s not getting an incredibly high rating, because it’s not my kind of tea, but otherwise it’s great

I finished being a student in 2008 and began working in The North, where “tea” means “evening meal” which confuses me regularly. I love encouraging people to try new teas, but when I’m not doing that, I play the trombone, play some sport (badly) and socialise

UK