drank Blueberry White by Argo Tea

No matter how short I try to steep it, this is not going to work. Maybe I haven’t played around with the steeping times enough, but any shorter, and I don’t think there would be any flavor at all.

Ok, so you open the jar, and the smell is just completely blueberry. It’s not a bad smell, but the fact that the bitterness is apparent as soon as you open it is a bad sign. The package suggests a steeping time of 5-6 minutes. To that, I say: you have gotta be kidding me. Even with steeping times around 2 and a half minutes, the taste is just all bitterness, astringency, and maybe the tangy bite of blueberry.

Blueberry and white tea isn’t a bad idea. What is, however, is the fact that the leaves come in clear glass containers. WHITE tea leaves. I bought this before I knew that light would have a bad effect on tea leaves. I found this at a convenience store, sitting underneath bright fluorescent light for who knows how long. Maybe it’s not the tea, then, but the godawful packaging.

I’m a college student double majoring in biology and theology. Located in New York City. I’m in the middle of the purgatory that is applying to med school, so I guess this is the relaxing new hobby I’ve found to keep myself sane. This, and biking.

Relatively new to tea, and partial to black and white teas, though I’m dying to try some Oolongs or Pu-erhs soon.

I’m not sure how I got started with loose leaf tea in the first place, but I’m keeping with it because I’m fascinated with the huge diversity of flavors and tastes coming from the same plant.

I don’t care for the supposed health benefits of tea, but it provides the right amount of caffeine to get my mind focused without the jitters.

My rating system is nothing fancy. I basically follow the little faces on the scale :)

Bronx, New York