Tonight is a tea review and story night!

First, story: where I live in San Francisco, parking one’s car is a real pain in the butt, so I take the bus to and from school/work. Some days taking the bus can be a real pain in the butt too! But today MUNI (the bus/train system in SF) gave everyone on my bus a special Halloween preview show, albeit unintentionally.
It was about 7:50 when the bus pulled up, we all filed on and it lurched forward to the next stop. And then stays stopped for about five minutes. Suddenly, the lights start turning off and then on again at random, and people start getting spooked and whispering to each other. The bus driver calls out that she thinks the bus may be dead, but she is going to try restarting it. So she turns the bus off, lets it sit for a few minutes, and turns it on again. Right as the engine coughs and sputters as it attempts to LIVE (Frankenstein cackle) the back door opens and closes several times in fast succession, and a few girls standing by it scream in surprise.
Sadly the bus stayed dead and our Halloween show ended, as we were directed to get off and wait for a new bus to pick us up in about ten minutes. By the time I got home I was really in the mood for some good TEA!

Second, tea: This smells sooo good. I think now I may not have used enough tea in my steeper, but this still has a lot of flavor. At first all I could taste was cinnamon – for some reason I can really tolerate hot beverages, so that may be a product of my sipping right away before it cooled. As the tea started to cool I could taste brown sugar, and then the sweet raisins. Yummy dessert tea! I think I am still a bigger fan of straight teas than I am flavored, but I like this and it was a nice cuppa after my spooky bus ride. ;)

Becky

Needs more ZOMBIES! :D

Kittenna

Ahahaha, that’s funny!

Bonnie

As my son Aaron would say (and he also lives in San Francisco), “What bus problem?” He’s also been writing a lot of ’Giant’s things on Facebook like “Vamos Gigantes!” (World Series Madness! Glad you didn’t get stuck!

Claire

Ha, what bus problem indeed! San Francisco has an amazing public transportation system, but it does have its hitches some days.
My bus went crazy tonight when the Giants won!

Nik

Great story. :D

Bonnie

My brother went to the World Series with my dad in 1962 and saw the great Willie Mays in S.F. We’ve been big Giants Fans for a LONG time. (Daughters were seldom taken to things like this back in the day…so I never went anywhere with my dad until I was in my 30’s).

Comments

Becky

Needs more ZOMBIES! :D

Kittenna

Ahahaha, that’s funny!

Claire

My bus went crazy tonight when the Giants won!

Nik

Great story. :D

Bonnie

I mostly drink straight tea, and some of my favorites are green teas and oolongs. I almost always have some sencha and tieguanyin in my tea cupboard (and if I run out, awesome, an excuse to buy tea). I do like some flavored teas, but can’t stand really sugary stuff so if it’s very sweet I probably won’t like it. I can’t drink milk so all my reviews are of tea without milk and sugar!
I’ve been getting into puerh the last few months.

Outside of Steepster I’m an English Lit major, and will FINALLY be graduating after the Fall 2013 semester. After that I plan on applying for graduate school to obtain a Master’s in Library Science. Currently I work as a student assistant in the Archives and Special Collections department of my school’s library.
I also like reading (of course) and playing video games when I have time for them.

I’m happy to send samples to anyone in the US or Canada. Just ask. :)

San Francisco, CA