Today I’m getting a lot more sweetness out of this sheng. It may be because I decided to wash it a bit more – 2 washes, 1st was 5 seconds, 2nd close to 10 seconds. Before I was really just getting smoky flavor out of this tea but on my 2nd kept steep I can actually taste some apricot and a little bit of cream. Of course, I discover this as I’m running out of this tea!

I mostly drink straight tea, and some of my favorites are green teas and oolongs. I almost always have some sencha and tieguanyin in my tea cupboard (and if I run out, awesome, an excuse to buy tea). I do like some flavored teas, but can’t stand really sugary stuff so if it’s very sweet I probably won’t like it. I can’t drink milk so all my reviews are of tea without milk and sugar!
I’ve been getting into puerh the last few months.

Outside of Steepster I’m an English Lit major, and will FINALLY be graduating after the Fall 2013 semester. After that I plan on applying for graduate school to obtain a Master’s in Library Science. Currently I work as a student assistant in the Archives and Special Collections department of my school’s library.
I also like reading (of course) and playing video games when I have time for them.

I’m happy to send samples to anyone in the US or Canada. Just ask. :)

San Francisco, CA