This is personally one of my very favorite teas. The vanilla is strong when you open the tin and warm in your cup. I find Mariage Freres never lets me down. Sweet and with a lovely color, I find it is wonderful alone or even with a snack. I even made a very nice iced tea out of it. I do not suggest a hot cup for a heavy meal, but it can be a great dessert tea. The iced tea can actually make a nice friend for a sandwich or picnic on a sunny afternoon.

26 year old American currently on her 5th year in Japan. Hobbies include tea, tea ceremony, samisen, painting, drawing, blogging, reading.

My “dream job” would be owning a funky little tea shop that makes enough to pay the bills while working with what I love. Selling tea by the cup and pot, little baked treats to compliment the flavors, and maybe some art from local artists on the wall. Sigh…

I am not above a bag tea, though I prefer loose teas. I’ve lived in Japan for quite a while and travel around asia when I can. I of course love finding and buying local teas where ever I go! I love living somewhere that stop and shops sell tea bottles and boxes rather than colas. My favorite over the counter tea is Teh Botol, a Jasmine tea I found in Indonesia. I also like Sokenbicha (爽健美茶) in Japan.

I love all teas, but have a stronger love for the greens and blacks. I require caffeine and tend to sip tea all day. Tea=love!

Hyogo, Japan